Please find the final updated Return to Play document submitted together with the online questionnaire to the Minister of Sport.
The first submission made by Squash South Africa was on Thursday 18th June 2020.
This document is very detailed in order that we may receive permission from the Minister of Sport Art and Culture. It is forwarded by the Minister of Sport, Art, and Culture to the Minister of Health for his approval as well.
In the next few days, we will be working on a simplified package to be disseminated so that all stakeholders are aware of what is needed to Return to Squash for the Professional Athlete as soon as we receive the written approval from the Minister of Sport, Art and Culture to re-open.
A sincere thank you to Jennifer Sawyer, Alison Burchell for valuable input and particularly Paul Vermaak for the hours spent on the presentation format.
Download the document here: Squash SA – Return to Play v1.2 (DSAC) (updated).
Please take note:
• Squash may NOT commence without the approval from the Minister of Sport.
• Conditions may change, based on the approval/ conditional approvals obtained.
• We have developed this plan with ease of athlete/ coach/ club submission and the safe, rapid return to squash.
• We are ready to assist with submissions, approvals, and accreditations of persons, as soon as the window opens.
• Although every effort was made to avoid errors, some may have slipped through – please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read this plan, familiarize yourselves and let us prepare for getting back on court.