13 September 2021
Good morning fellow squash players, administrators and club managers
Given President Ramaphosa’s announcement last night, Squash SA’s priority remains the health and safety of all our members. Squash SA urges everyone to be careful and cautious when playing squash at registered facilities and adhering to all COVID protocols which should be implemented as a minimum requirement to protect players’ health and relieve pressure on our health system (wear masks, maintain 1,5m physical distance and sanitise regularly). This advice is subject to confirmation from the Minister responsible for sport who may issue further regulations.
REVISED LEVEL 2 RESTRICTIONS
- “Play and Go” remains in force
- No spectators or guests but limit to 50% of club capacity or less for indoor venues (only players, referees, medical and club staff and media) while maintaining 1,5m physical distance at all times – club managers and others (players, referees, media, medical and club staff) not complying with this commit an offence and can be fined or imprisoned; club COVID compliance officers must enforce this
- League/organised matches/tournaments or just social/friendly games only (no spectators) may take place
- Singles and doubles may be played
- Clubs to close at 9pm sharp to enable people to return home before curfew at 11pm
- Alcohol may be sold at clubs from Monday to Sunday 10am to 10pm for onsite consumption only
- Masks to be worn upon entering and leaving the club. Masks only to be taken off while playing on court
- Use of changerooms, toilets and showering not recommended unless in emergencies and permitted by the club, no saunas etc.
- All players using courts need to be a current registered player with Squash SA through SportyHQ.com
- No sharing of equipment
- No wiping hands on walls of courts
- No water fountains – bring you own water
- Sign in procedures, sanitising and temperature checking on a recorded register continue
- Only Return to Play approved Clubs to be open
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me on 083 601 2098.