Good morning fellow squash players, administrators, and club managers
A revised Government Gazette No 11348 was issued yesterday allowing spectators with strict associated requirements. Squash SA’s priority remains the health and safety of all our members. Squash SA urges everyone to be careful and cautious when playing squash at registered facilities and adhering to all COVID protocols which should be implemented as a minimum requirement to protect players’ health and relieve pressure on our health system (wear masks, maintain 1,5m physical distance and sanitise regularly). This advice is subject to confirmation from the Minister responsible for sport who may issue further regulations.
REVISED LEVEL 1 RESTRICTIONS
- We strongly advise to “Play and Go”
- In line with the Government Gazette, a squash club may only admit 50% of the capacity in order for all persons (staff, players, tournament officials, spectators) to maintain a distance of at least 1,5m at all times subject to strict adherence to all health protocols and social distancing measures – this must be enforced by the club owner or the event organiser and if they do not, they will be subject to a fine or imprisonment of up to 6 months or both
- League/organised matches/tournaments, social/friendly games may take place with spectators
- Singles and doubles may be played
- Clubs to close at 11 pm sharp to enable people to return home before curfew at midnight
- Alcohol may be sold at clubs from Monday to Sunday 10 am to 11 pm for onsite consumption only
- Masks to be worn upon entering and leaving the club and only removed while playing on court
- Use of change rooms, toilets, and showering are allowed – but Squash SA recommends “Play and Go”, no saunas, etc.
- All players using courts need to be currently registered players with Squash SA through SportyHQ.com
- No sharing of equipment
- No wiping hands on walls of courts
- No water fountains – bring your own water
- Sign-in procedures, sanitising, and temperature checking on a recorded register continue
- Only “Return to Play” approved Clubs to be open
- Squash SA encourages each and everyone in the squash fraternity to get vaccinated.
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me on 083 601 2098.