The announcement by our President on Monday night highlights the very serious state of COVID infection rates in the country. We reiterate our call to all members, friends, and family to follow the basic safety protocols (physical distancing, masks & sanitiser), at all times, and to keep safe. By being conscientious now, we will get past this continuing challenge.
The Gazette published last night (GN11217) details various permitted AND prevented activities. Squash SA, have made the decision inline with the department criteria, that only activities, related to the Phase 3*, of our Return to Play Plan, are permitted.
These restrictions will remain in effect until 15 January 2021
- Play may ONLY take place at approved venues (authorised as Level 1, 2, or 3 facilities only)
- On-premises showers, bars, and restaurants are closed (bathrooms for emergencies only)
- All sanitising protocols are required, at the venue (including daily cleaning of the facility)
- Provincial Federations OR Facilities may elect to not re-open at this time
- ONLY authorised players may practice/ play squash
- Paid-up with Squash SA (SportyHQ), and Registered Provincial League Players only,
- NO SOCIAL PLAYERS,
- We recommend solo drills and a maximum of 2 persons on court, and
- Masks to be worn at all times (excluding when playing).
- ONLY Level 1 and Level 2 coaches may coach (coaching of approved players only)
- NO spectators at all (players who have finished must leave the venue)
- NO Tournaments, or leagues at this time (including summer leagues)
Paul S Vermaak | National COVID Compliance Officer
We are facing a serious risk to the country (and globally), from various health, economic, and social perspectives. We must work together during this time, respectful of other people’s concerns and rights.
Take this time to be safe and then we can return in the New Year, with options that include Squash leagues, tournaments, and social events.
Your health remains your own responsibility, and we encourage you to use a precautionary approach to activities
Naturally, we will keep you up to date with any and all changes, as the ministers announce them over the course of the next weeks (there are more detailed announcements scheduled today from 10h00).
Yours in health
Squash SA EXCO and National Office
If there are any queries please contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org