The 2nd ever All Africa Junior squash tournament was hosted by the University of Cape Town Squash club on the weekend of the 10-12 August 2018.
65 players from all over South Africa as well players representing USA, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Saudi Arabia played against each other in various age groups from U11 players up to U19 players in the boys and girls events.
This event was once against registered on the International Squash calendar and is an opportunity for young squash players from around the world to enjoy a great weekend of squash whilst engaging with UCT Squash students and show casing what UCT offers up an coming squash players that want to register at UCT for academic courses in the years to come.
The event is run by elected UCT Squash students that serve on the UCT Squash committee and they gain valuable managerial skills in running an international event that needs to meet international squash standards.
Here are the below winners:
- Boys U19 – 17 year old Peter Townes (East London) beat Migan Beets (Hermanus) 3-0 in the final.
- Boys U17– 16 year old Adam Morkel (Cape Town) beat Matthew Fehrsen (Cape Town) 3-1 in the final.
- Boys U15– 12 year old Ryan Gwidzima (Zimbabwe) beat Kameran Jinnah (Michaelhouse-KZN) 3-2 in the final.
- Boys U13– 10 year old Hector Durbach (Cape Town) beat Matthew Earl (East London) 3-2 in the final.
- Boys U11– 10 year old Luke Tremeer (Cape Town) beat Alistair Ludick (Cape Town) 3-0 in the final.
- Girls U17– 15 year old Jordyn Lee Campbell (Cape Town) beat Valmé Webster (Pretoria) 3-0 in the final.
- Girls U15– 13 year old Elske Garbers (Potchefstroom) beat Savannah Ingledew (Durban) 3-2 in the final.
- Girls U13-U11– 9 year old Charlotte Mehnert (The Downtown Club at the Met-USA) beat Lucy Malherbe (Cape Town) 3-0 in the final.