Due to COVID-19, Squash South Africa is once again going to move forward with the same successful proposal as last year for the 2021 Growthpoint SA Nationals. Squash SA will be including an U17 Growthpoint SA Nationals in hubs with the finals taking place with the Seniors at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.
We are looking forward to another extraordinarily successful event with more players involved than in 2020 and more exposure for both Growthpoint and Squash SA and an exciting way to get competitive squash back on the courts after lockdown. Squash SA is very aware that the health and safety of our players is of prime importance and all COVID-19 protocols will be followed.
Feeder Regional Tournaments
East London Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to EP
Eden Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to EP
Limpopo Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to either Northern Gauteng or North West
U17 Regional Tournament
Friday 1- Sunday 3 October 2021
Border, Eastern Province, Free State, Gauteng/Joburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal/Midlands, Northern Gauteng,
North West, Western Province
(Thursday 7 if required), Friday 8, Saturday 9, Sunday 10 October 2021
Border, Eden, and Limpopo – feeder Hubs
Eastern Province, Free State, Gauteng/Joburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Midlands, Northern Gauteng, North West, Western Province
V&A Waterfront, Cape Town Wednesday 20 Saturday 23 October 2021
Growthpoint SA National Championships
- The top 8 men and top 8 women players will play in the Growthpoint SA National Finals on the All-Glass Court at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town from 20 to 23 October 2021.
- Squash SA has increased the Hubs to 11 regional events. All regional events are to ensure they have a full 16 Men’s and Women’s draw if they accept the offer to host a Feeder Hub/Regional Tournament.
- Players from around the country will be able to choose in which Regional Championship they wish to play. However, the top 16 seeded men and women players will be informed by Squash SA where they will play/participate.
- The entry fee for all events is R380.00 per person and payment must be made online through sportyHQ.com and the player must already be registered on Sporty HQ as an individual member with Squash SA. PSA registered players do not pay the entry fee at it is a PSA registered National Satellite Tournament.
- The deadline for entries will be 09h00 Friday 18 September 2021. Please note no telephonic entries will be accepted.
- The selectors will seed the top senior 16 men and women players, according to the rankings on SportyHQ. These players will then be allocated to the 8 regions. (Travel for these 16 players will be funded by Squash SA at an amount of R1800.00 per player only for players travelling more than 300 km to the venue to which they have been allocated, but accommodation and subsistence are for their own account.)
- The top man and the top woman in each region as well as the top boy and top girl U17 will then travel to Cape Town to play in the Growthpoint SA National Finals at their own expense.
- The allocated Regions will be responsible for running the regional tournaments.
- Squash SA will allocate a maximum of R3000.00 funding, depending on the number of entries only for the Senior tournaments, to run the Feeder and Regional tournaments e.g., court hire, balls, prizegiving, admin, referees, COVID-19 protocol etc.
- A percentage of the entry fee will also be given to the host province depending on the number of entries received in each region, this will include the U17 Regionals.
- The province must appoint – a) a Tournament Convenor and b) a Tournament Referee. The names and a brief CV, must be sent to Squash SA for their appointment to be endorsed.
- Squash SA will advise the prize money breakdown, the total amount of prizemoney for Regionals and Finals is R180 000.00 for the Seniors and for U17 is R30 000.00.
- The levies will be paid into the Border Squash account. The levy will be advised by Border in due course.
- Squash will send out the entry forms once all the Provinces have accepted the Feeder and Regionals being held in their Provinces, in writing.